September 21, 2007

Fall Frocks

Summer has always been the season for the vintage frock when it comes to my wardrobe. When the leaves begin to fall and a crisp breeze picks up, I often opt to cover my legs and everything else and end up rockin' the jeans and a sweater through winter. Now that I am a whole french word, a fiancée, I have the most exquisite 1930's platinum diamond ring on my finger, I want my wardrobe to do the rock justice. The lovely setting, the beautiful detail, the stunning family heirloom given to my be my beloved should be celebrated by a Fall season full of feminine frocks. Miu Miu makes this perfect plum Pleat Detail Dress. It costs a month's rent, so I shall covet it from my computor screen and look for something comparable.



These Net-a-Porter designer dresses have rich colors and fantastic lines that would encourage me to done a dress on even the chilliest of autumn days. TheTibi Round Neck Grey Dress is a classic, simple sleeveless dress that you could layer, dress up or down. It could take you from work to a cocktail party and can be fun or formal. I love the art nouveau print on the Cowl Neck Mini, also from TIBI.


Navy Jersey Dress and Striped Blousen Dress, both by 3.1 Phillip Lim, and the Adelaide silk dress by Diane Von Furstenberg



I'll take these great designer dresses and use them as inspiration when searching the racks of Beacon's Closet, Stella Dallas, and the knock-off shops.

No comments: