September 8, 2007

Fall Fashion Favorites


September has been a very stylish and busy month. We are in high-fashion over-load, in a good way. I have stacks of THE BIGGEST ISSUE EVER September issues of fashion magazines and have taken in hours of Full Frontal. There is a lot of great coverage on Fashion week so I won't even try to be able to sum it up succinctly. Instead, here are just some of the Fall fashion favorites I've stumbled across in mags, blogs, and shops. From so-expensive-it's-strictly-inspiration to the budget-conscious, here are a few autumnal clothes I covet.


Fendi Angel Sleeve Blouse + Rodnik High-Waisted Pencil Skirt

Catherine Malandrino Emerald Keyhole Blouse + Dolce & Gabana Denim Pencil Skirt

This Fall mix the classic denim, black, grey or navy pieces with luscious, rich, and bright hues and tones. Mustard, plum, chocolate brown are some of my favs to pull this season.



Pair them with anything from ghetto gold like this amazing snake bracelet I must own from Go Jane. Also a great spot for killer ballet flats.


Use your Vogue and favorite designers and style icons as inspiration in knowing what to look for in vintage stores, on websites like Etsy or Ebay, or your fav knock-off shops like Forever21, Marshall's. Net-A-Porter is a website that brings the designer runway collections to you to purchase (if you are super-ruch), or for inspiration on how you can take runway and make it reality.


This Drop Sleeve Trench Coat from TopShop is a fun, modern spin on the classic piece. A perfect trench is a forever piece every woman needs to have in her closet. My mom handed down to me her 1969 London Fog trench that she used to wear. A little taller than I, the trench hit me in an unattractive length around the shin, so I hemmed it to be the perfect fall coat-length for my body, leaving extra fabric to let-out if need be. I wore the coat almost every day while traveling through Holland and Switzerland last fall.
Those sleeves are fantastic and perfect for layering with one of these great tops, also from TopShop.




Now that the sweltering heat has abated, we ladies can class it up a notch and play with nail polish, rich lip shades, tights and layers. Summer dresses are fantastic, but Fall renders itself to be a time for feminine sweaters, sequined tops and jackets galore!




Like all of the other budget-conscious-fashion-obsessed ladies out there, I am enjoying this new trend of couture designers gracing department stores with their collections. The newest of this development is Simply Vera, Vera Wang's Fall line for Kohl's.



This Graphite Pleated Skirt is adorable and has an essential feature in it's two pockets. Again, I have not seen the line in person yet to inspect construction or quality, so I can't guarantee they translate to the affordable rack. The ads in the Fall 2007 September Vogue were lovely and intriguing, so I am curious to see how yet on the Kohl's site, most of the pieces are leaning towards the "bobo" side. If anyone has done so, please report back on the quality and look in person.

I am keeping the faith in Vera until I know for sure. These combos don't always work, as I saw when vising London in May. All the fuss surrounding Kate Moss' line for TopShop was nothing to write home about, but there are always hits and misses.


*First image is Bloused Sweater Coat from Anthropologie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked out Simply Vera today and here are my impressions:
1. Let's just start by saying the clothes are clearly aimed at the young, thin and tall---but, hey, aren't they all?
2. The designs are a little different from most of the rest of the merchandise, which is nice. The Wang design theme comes through.
3. Prices weren't too bad I suppose. Kohl's has them on sale for 30% off which certainly made them even more attractive.
4. I thought the dresses were cute as were the skirts and some of the blouses. However, there wasn't a clearly defined line of items and some of the things they carried were difficult to pair with one another to get that pulled together look.
5. Everything was made from polyester and little details were missing like smoothing the seams and stitching trouser pockets so they would lay flat against the body and not pook out.
6. I tried on a few things and while the size was right, the cut is definitely different from many other items of the same size. (likely aimed at the very tall and very thin)
7. The shoes were cute;interesting ballet flats and a few pairs of very cool looking heels.
8. Line of lingerie was quite limited and not all that exciting--with the exception of one line of bras and camisoles. Prices too high for those if they weren't on sale, and they, too, were cut differently.
Just one old lady's take on it. Hope this helps.

Kara @ Unusual Form said...

I have checked out the line a few times, but have yet to buy anything. Although the quality was pretty good considering the typical Kohl's fair, it was a little pricey (30% off helps, but still places it at the upper end of what I can pay as a poor grad student). Also, I had the opposite problem than the previous poster. I found the clothes on the large size. I tried on a size small top and found it to be too large for me size 2/4 body and the line doesn't carry extra-small. Overall, there are some cute pieces, just nothing I've been willing to invest in yet.

Amania said...

În fiecare zi ne place să urmărim seriale turcesti și popularele emisiuni TV românești. Veți urmări gratuit toate episoadele pe clicksud. Toate canalele românești Pro TV, kanal d, Pro 2 și adela clicksud, vlad clicksud disponibile pentru dvs.

Rahman Khan said...

Apasa pe vizionează https://clicksud.cc cel mai recent episod din in hd. Distribuim toate cele mai recente Seriale turcesti pe cc-ul nostru Clicksud. https://clicksud.cc
Vă permite să jucați și să vă bucurați de divertisment de la Clicksud.

AnimeSaturn said...

I liked your post and I am waiting for your new update excellent platform for sharing your knowledge
Animeyt2

Anonymous said...

Tuturor fanilor Dramelor  https://romaseriale.me/  românești le place să urmărească Clicksud pentru a se distra pentru a scăpa de timpul plictisitor. Urmăriți  ste cel mai faimos serial. Oamenilor le place să urmărească drame , Seriale Online , Seriale Turcesti , Clicksud zilnic pentru divertisment.