November 22, 2013

Sick Days



This week, both Gracie and I, caught bugs that kicked our rears into bed. Luckily, I was well enough early in the week to take Strudel Loo to the vet and make sure she was alright, and she was better enough to hang with me in bed while I was under the weather the last couple of days. I feel WORLDS better today, and I think the Gracie snuggles and head cold survival kit really helped. One of the things that alleviated my symptoms the most were the daily piping hot baths with tea tree oil. Those seemed to soothe my sniffles and coughs and calmed my tightened chest. It's not easy to lay low for a few days when there is work to do and things to make, but sometimes you just have to take a moment and make your main to-do list involve items that take care of yourself.


Thank you to my darling husband who was so sweet in providing me with lots of comforting items like cough drops, Throat Comfort Tea, NyQuil (when it got really ugly and mama needed to SLEEP), and taking care of walking the dogs and doing the dishes after work. It made it a little easier to give in and just admit I was sick and lay low. Thanks boo!

Another big help: The tiny swirl of hair on Gracie's chest that is so cute you can't help but smile no matter how badly you feel. 

No comments: