September 24, 2013

DIY Lamp Up-Grade


The nautical lamp revamp I shared with you on MAKE awhile back got an up-grade to go along with our new place. I brought the dip dye trend into our lighting scheme using a white cotton lampshade and Jacquard dye. I poured the dye directly into my bathtub after mixing it, and set the top of the shade in the mixture. The dye crept up the cotton shade creating a beautiful organic look. When the first side was complete, I set it down on plastic lining to dry, then repeated the process on the other side. I highly recommend learning from my mistake and wear gloves

I've tried this dip dye DIY on a few other items and am currently OBSESSED. Be careful Gracie, or I just might dip dye you.


*No bathtub or chihuahua mix was harmed in the process of this DIY. 


No comments: