January 24, 2013

DIY Terrariums: REDUX


Yesterday's LIVE hangout was really fun. It was my first one and I had a blast showing the community of Self Magazine and Craftsy how to make their own winter terrariums (and then some) on behalf of MAKE and CRAFT for Self mag's 13 Resolutions for 2013. See more on this challenge and info from our hangout on the community page.


You can watch the video of the hang out here, and I've added some photographs of my creations so you can see what we were making.



This penguin arctic scene got a little up-grade. I used one of my white DIY Faceted Gems to be an iceberg for tiny Mr. Penguin to sit upon in the water. To make your own faceted gem, check out the EASY tutorial here.

1 comment:

Rachel Hobson said...

UMMMMM! that space terrarium is FABULOUS. Tiny space capsule FTW!