March 30, 2012

Chard recipe


Last year I discovered a new green I had never tried before and now it is one of my favorite parts of our home-cooked dinners. Chard is a delicious green worth it's weight in gold on the health-front. It has a TON of vitamin C, A, & K and mad amounts of fiber, protein and minerals. Rainbow Chard is my favorite of "the chards". I dig the crunchy texture, slightly bitter taste, and have found the perfect recipe that goes oh-so-well with a Jasmine or brown rice.


-Rinse your chard and cut off most of the stalk (leaving a little bit there for crunch factor). Cut your chard into 2-3 inch pieces and put in a bowl to be ready to add.

-Dice 3 cloves of garlic and saute them in sesame oil for a minute, then add the bowl of chopped chard.

-Add in a 1/2 cup of Balsamic Vinegar and 1/2 cup of Soy Sauce and let simmer for 5-8 minutes or until leaves are soft but not brown. (*I always eye ball this part, so adjust according to taste.)

-Salt to taste.

-Serve over rice and enjoy!

2 comments:

Carmen Varner said...

This looks absolutely scrumptious! Plus, this is a fabulous recipe for a vegan such as myself. Love it!

Asael said...

Radosnej twórczości!