February 26, 2010

DIY Shadowbox



My husband and I went on a vacation for a week in January to the lovely Siesta Key, Florida with my in-laws who have a home there. It was a great escape, especially in between the snowy days that New York had to offer.



We saw all kind of wild life and gorgeous sunsets, we sat on the beach, read by the pool, relaxed, and had a great time.




Upon our return, I wanted a cool way to commemorate the trip AND a gift to thank my in-laws. So, I decided to do something Martha would do and make a shadow box of our trip for the Coles. of course I made an episode out of it that you can see right HERE!



The shadowbox of the trip is a gift, so I bought a nice frame to use and added shells, coral and a map.



To add a modern aesthetic to the concept, I did a more DIY shadowbox with a vintage wooden coffee box, and my designer chair collection. We get to keep this one. The options are endless, so tune in to the second act to get plenty of ideas you can put your spin on.



If you can't get away this winter, never fear, I show you how to turn a little part of your home into your favorite vacation escape. our restroom has a beach feel to it, and on a day like today with a massive snowstorm afoot, it is nice to take a hot shower surrounded by sea shells, coral, seagulls and beach finds.

No comments: