March 24, 2009

Green Guide

My siblings (step, half and in between) and I try to all get together when we are home for the holidays. A few times, we have gathered rubber gloves and gone on a "clean up". Fun, easy, and a great way to keep your neighborhood litter-free.


With Earth Day just around the corner, you might be feeling the urge to up the ante on your "greenness". If so, I definitely recommend organizing a clean up, or check out the bottom of the right column of this blog in the Green Guide for other ideas. I do my best to share earth friendly websites, projects and resources with my readers and am always open to suggestions as well. If you have green tips to share, please do so by leaving it in a comment below!



This Earth Day I think we should bring the clean up to Brooklyn again. If you are in New York and want to join us, let me know and I'll fill you in on the meeting place.

3 comments:

Gen said...

What a great holiday idea! I hope lots of people pick up this habit, especially since the 40th Earth Day is coming up.

Katerina said...

Love It! My Hubby and I just adopted our neighborhood park. Now we are organizing a park clean up. If we were in NY I would join you too!

Nest said...

Fantastic, Katerina! Take some pictures and send them in so I can feature them.
Good luck!