February 20, 2009

Soundtrack of the City

There are so many reasons why I love New York City, and the soundtrack is way u there. I usually enter the underground with naked ears, bringing along no music for my travels. I think this is because my mom warned me so many times about being "alert" as I walk around the city alone, or that I usually bring Gracie with me and we like to talk to each other. Either way, I rarely bring headphones.


It never matters though, because no matter where I am there is someone, or a small group of people, providing an array of music. Everywhere you go there is an artist bringing their craft to you for free.


I always dig out my change to support them, as I genuinely appreciate this gesture.


Within five minutes today, on my way from Manhattan to Brooklyn, I saw these three separate musicians bringing their sound to the streets.

No comments: