October 28, 2007

The Ring



The ring is stunning. A 1930's platinum ring that the original William Battle Cole, Will's paternal grand father and namesake, gave to his bride in 1934. An amazing honor that means more to me than I could ever express. I always had my heart set on a vintage 30's platinum ring, one that had meaning and was purchased long before DeBeer's coined the market and the diamond industry became so corrupt and violent.




No rock could compare to this intricate detail, the radiant center diamond nestled in a square setting with two smaller gems glistening on either side. The raised middle with the tiniest ridges carved into the linear, art nouveau style. I know nothing about engagement rings, only what I felt was really me. I was completely astounded that what I always had my heart set on was what was once given to Will's mother for this very occasion. I truly believe this was written in the stars.

No comments: