August 23, 2011

80's Punk Fringe Glove Video


In today's video for Meg Allan Cole Crafts I show you how to make a sweet 80's punk vegan leather fringe glove as an homage to one of my all-time favorite John Hughes movies, Some Kind of Wonderful.



Be sure to subscribe to my channel, leave a comment on MACC, and please feel free to share the video!


I have been dreaming of the gloves Watts wears in this film forever and design a simpler version to suit the vegan leather I picked up at my local fabric shop.


Here is a template to use for your pattern piece. Make sure it yours is twice the width of your hand plus two inches.


Do yourself a favor and listen to the soundtrack. It is timeless, epic, and incredibly atmospheric.


3 comments:

  1. Hello--loved the video and this idea! What type of presser foot are you using while sewing the vegan leather (pleather)?
    Thanks in advance!
    Suzanne in TX
    crazyforcollars.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the standard, same presser foot that is already on that puppy. The vegan leather really required no extra work or tools. A nice, easy surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, Nest

    Love you video on youtube. By the way, you make me home sick for my NYC. I lived there my whole life and then I moved to Florida. I so miss the season changing, the stores, amazing food and everything NY. Keep posting and I'll keep stopping by.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!